The MX35M is a 3.5mm male connector with a terminal block and hood. The terminal block connector allows you to connect a stereo audio cable to a 3.5mm male connector without using solder. All you have to do is insert the stripped wires into the terminal block and tighten the screws with a 2.0mm flat head screw driver.
This picture is an animated Gif. To pause the Gif please see instructions below.
The picture shows the Male 3.5mm (aka 1/8") connector with it's black plastic hood. The top portion of the picture are two views of the miniature screw-terminal block.
Once you use these solderless connectors you will not want to go back to soldering a 3.5mm connector, unless, of course, you do not use this connector properly.Note:
if you pinch the tape that holds the wires to the terminal block you will ruin the connector. Pinching the tape may happen when you put the plastic hood and can result in losing connectivity to one or more of the pins.
Advantages to using a solderless connnector:
- You do not need to solder
- No need to buy a solder iron
- No need to learn how to solder
- You do not poison yourself with solder
- You do not burn yourself with solder
- You do not need to watch stupid "how to solder videos"
- It is very easy to use a screw driver to make the connection
Disadvantage of using this solderless connector:
- As mentioned on the note above, if you pinch the tape between the connector and the terminal block you will ruin the connector.
This connector consists of the following:
- 3.5mm male connector attached to screw terminal
- Two piece hood to hold the connector
- Metal piece that can be used to wrap around the cables
- Metal strain relief
Note: you will need wire strippers and a 2.0mm flat head screw driver.
We also have a 3.5mm Female connector with a terminal block for installation on panels or wall plates.
Availability: ships same day.
How to pause animated Gifs: Many of our pages have animated gifs - you can pause the gifs when using the Firefox browser by adding the Toggle Animated Gifs Add-on. Once you add the "add-on" to Firefox you simply hover over the gif and on the top right of the image you can click on the pause symbol (II) to stop the animation or on the arrows to restart the gif. Once you pause the animation you can move your mouse pointer outside of the image and the arrow and pause symbols will not be visible.