Audio & Video Adapters, Cables, Converters, and more.
How to use your Video RF Modulator
with your other components.
If you have a TV with only coax input and you want to hook up different components, like DVDs and VCRs, here's what works for me. See disclaimer below.
1. Hook up the S-Video-out of your DVD to:
2. "S-Video to RCA" adapter. Hook up the S-Video to RCA adpater to:
3. Video RF Modulator. Use a Coax cable from the modulator's "to TV" connector
and hook it to a:
4. 75 ohm switch box. (Our "RF Modulator Kit comes with one). It has two coax inputs and one coax output). Hook up the coax cable to the side that has "two" of the coax inputs on the 75 ohm switch box. From the 75 ohm switch box
you will need a:
5. Coax cable to connect to the coax input on your TV.
6. Connect the coax output from the VCR the other coax input on the 75 ohm switch box.
7. Connect the DVDs audio-out to the RF modulator's audio inputs.
8. Turn the TV, RF modulator (the red light will come on), VCR and DVD on.
9. Put a tape on the VCR to play.
10. The TV should display a "DVD" logo (the signal from the DVD). If it does
not, then change the switch on the switch box until you see the DVD logo. If
this does not work, then you'll have to re-program your TV so that it
recognizes the channels. After this stage you will be able to see either the
tape from the VCR playing, or the DVD logo, depending on which side the switch
on the switch box is pointing to.
11. In order to also see games you'll have to connect to the VCRs front or back
yellow (video) RCA jack the game...you WILL HAVE to select the "aux" channel on
the VCR using the VCRs remote - make sure you do not have a tape playing -
since the tape will play and you will not see the video from the game.
Leave your VCR with the "aux" channel selected - the TV will display the signal
from the game or other device that you have connected to the VCR.
To see a DVD, you'll have to change the switch on the switch box.
Note, if you know any other method of hooking up your components, please email us...we will add them to this page.
Disclaimer: Hook up your system at your own risk. We accept no responsiblity. Read your products instructions, yadda, yadda, yadda....