Audio & Video Adapters, Cables, Converters, and more.
VGA to Video Converter
This product has been discontinued; see other options below.
This product converts a VGA signal to Composite Video or S-Video. For instance, take the VGA output from your computer and connect it to the yellow video input or 4-pin input on a TV. If you are not sure which cable to get, please see our PC to TV Guide.
Please start the video below for details.
Make sure you add our PC Audio Cables
if you also want to send the audio to your TV.
DETAILS of VGA to Video Converter:
Allows you to watch movies from your computer on a TV and VGA monitor at the same time. The converter connects to the VGA output on your computer and allows you to pass-through the VGA signal to your VGA monitor and at the same time send s-video or composite video to a television, vcr, or stand-alone dvd burner.
The unit is powered through the USB socket on your desktop or laptop; a separate power supply is not required; your computer has to be turned-on to power the unit. An optional power supply is available if you do not want to use a USB port to power the unit.
Although your computer or laptop may have an "S-Video Out" connector, this little box will allow you to use your "monitor out" (the 15 pin connector) to send the VGA signal to both a VGA or LCD monitor and to a TV at the same time. Well, what's the big deal you ask? There are many programs that can't display video through the regular "S-Video Out" connector because the video only plays on your laptop's screen and it is "black" on the secondary screen.
What's in the box?
- PC to TV Converter.
- 3ft. VGA Cable, Male to Female, to connect to a VGA monitor.
- 3 ft. cable to connect to converter box and VGA output of computer
- S-Video and Composite Video Cables 6 ft. long
- USB Power Cable. The cable is to connect to the converter to an available USB port for power through the USB.
- VGA output from a PC. The converter supports VGA mode up to 1600x1200 high resolutions.
- An available USB port to power the unit. An optional power supply can be purchased.
- Television or other s-video or composite video monitor to view.
-DVD-Burner or VCR if you want to burn your videos. Note, burning copyrighted material is against the law, as if you did not already know that, dah.