The VGA Balun II.
The VGA Balun II does not
require shielded Cat 5 twisted pair; it can be used with Cat 5 (or higher) unshielded twisted pair.
Please see our VGA over CAT5 Connection Guide.
For an application diagram that shows Video, Audio, Keyboard/Mouse click here.
The VGA Balun II eliminates costly and bulky VGA cable, allowing a VGA source to be connected to a VGA monitor via one (1) 4-pair Cat 5 unshielded twisted pair (UTP) cable.
Used with pairs, the VGA Balun II allows VGA video to be transmitted up to 350ft at 800 x 600 resolution; 250 ft. at 1024x768 (60MHz); 200 ft. at 1280x1024 (100MHz). Each VGA connection requires Part Number 500040 at the source and either Part Number 500041 or 500042 at the display. The product features a "reset" button that may be required when using certain displays. More information may be found in the product Installation Guide. The VGA Balun II works in conjunction with laptops, PCs, plasmas, CRT, LCD monitors and DLP projectors.
Features & Benefits:
- Fully supports Cat5 UTP. Reset switch on units may be requried with certain displays.
- Cost efficient versus VGA cable
- Use existing structured cabling system
- Save conduit space
- Short Cable with male DB15 connector (to connect to the VGA receptable on the computer).
- RJ45 receptacle on the other end (to connect to Cat 5 or higher cable with RJ45 plug).
- Grounding screw for optional use.
Note: This product is not compatible with part numbers 500010, 500011 and 500014. Use this product only with 500041 or 500042.
Availability: ships same day.