The VGA Balun II for use with unshielded or shielded Cat5.
The VGA Balun II eliminates costly and bulky VGA cable, allowing a VGA source to be connected to a VGA monitor via one (1) 4-pair Cat 5 unshielded twisted pair (UTP) cable.Download Datasheet
in PDF format.
Used with pairs, the VGA Balun II allows VGA video to be transmitted up to 350ft (107m) via Cat 5 at 800 x 600 resolution; 250 ft. (76m)at 1024x768 (60MHz); 200 ft. (61m) at 1280x1024 (100MHz). Each VGA connection requires Part Number 500040 at the source and either Part Number 500041 or 500042 at the display. The product features a "reset" button that may be required when using certain displays. More information may be found in the product Installation Guide. The VGA Balun II works in conjunction with laptops, PCs, plasmas, CRT, LCD monitors and DLP projectors. Typical applications include digital signage, boardroom systems, classroom video instruction and custom audio-video systems.Features & Benefits:
- Fully supports Cat5 UTP. Reset switch on units my be requried with certain displays.
- Cost efficient versus VGA cable
- Use existing structured cabling system
- Save conduit space
- Short Cable with male DB15 connector (to connect to the VGA receptable on the computer).
- RJ45 receptacle on the other end (to connect to Cat 5 or higher cable with RJ45 plug).
- Grounding screw for optional use.
Note: This product is not compatible with part numbers 500010, 500011 and 500014.
Availability: ships same day.