"S-Video Tranceiver" #500016 allows you to send S-video via CAT5 cable. Please see Application Diagram
. We also offer transceivers that allows you to send both S-Video and Stereo Audio over a single CAT5.Advantages
of sending S-Video over CAT5:
- Better Video. With our S-Video Tranceiver you can get inexpensive CAT5 that meets your building's fire code. Almost all S-Video cable is not fire-code rated for sending it inside walls or Through drop-ceilings. We provide you a unique solution for this common problem. You could consider running the s-video cable Through conduit, but if you're going long distances, our s-video trancievers will provide you with a better video signal.
- Less expensive solution than installing two RG6 cables and the related loss of signals due to couplings and adapters.
- Less signal loss. Our S-Video Tranceiver can easily transmit an svideo signal up to 1,000 feet. Although our S-Video cable has been tested upwards of 500 feet, most other s-video cable will have noticeable signal loss even at 25 feet so consider our "S-Video Tranceiver Balun" for the least signal loss solution at any length up to 1000 feet.
- Unique design allows you to connect the S-Video Tranceiver directly to your S-Video equipment. The tranceiver has a male 4-pin Mini DIN s-video plug to connect to the s-video output/input of your equipment.
- Use your building's structured cabling. No need to run conduit when you can use your existing structured cabling of Cat5
- Neater and faster cabling.
- More variety of CAT5 cable to meet your building's code.APPLICATIONS
- Video Conferencing
- Presentation and projection systems
- Video servers
- Classroom video
- Classroom video distribution with the optional hub
- Tradeshow demos
- Airline information systems
- Courtroom video arraignment
- Residential Home Theater
- Medical monitoring
- CCTV security and surveillanceFeatures
- S-Video 4-pin mini DIN plug with a 5" lead.
- Female RJ45 jack for connecting to CAT 5 cable.
- Use in pairs for point-to-point connections.COMPATIBLE with:
---Video Distribution Hub
to distribute S-Video to up to 8 different locations.
---Female S-Video to RCA Adapter
so you can now run S-Video to RCA over CAT5.
---S-Video to VGA
adapter to run S-Video to VGA via CAT5.
---S-Video to Coax
adapter to run S-Video to Coax via CAT5.
---S-Video to VCR
adapter to run S-Video to VCR via CAT5.
---S-Video Distribution Amplifier
so you can run one S-Video signal over CAT5 and then split it to four S-Video destinations.
or any other camera that has an S-Video or SVHS output, such as most camcorders.
---Video Capture Cards
so you can run S-Video via CAT5 directly to your computer.
You can also "hide" the S-Video Tranceiver by connecting it to our S-Video Wall Plate
Our S-Video Tranceiver allows you to send s-video up to 1000 feet via Cat 5 twisted pair cable (UTP) - twice as far as any other similar product.
The S-Video Tranceiver works in pairs, so order two
for each point-to-point connection.
Availability: Ships same day. Two are required, so please update the quantity to two. Please scroll down to see our other products and FAQs.